As a mission-driven consulting organization with an integrated public service portfolio, the Colorado Health Institute is funded through a number of distinct streams.
We were created by a group of philanthropic funders who sought to fill a need for nonpartisan, independent data and evidence-based analysis to support decision-makers.
While we have expanded our work to serve mission-aligned clients, we continue to be a resource for community groups, industry leaders, policymakers, advocates, health care providers, and anyone who is interested in learning more about health and health policy in the state. We ensure that everyone has the information they need to understand and advance policies that support their communities’ health.
Our public service work is made possible through operating grants from funders who support our mission of advancing health and health equity through mission-driven community benefit work, including:
- Independent publications, such as reports and blogs, interactive graphics, and other research projects;
- Accessible data;
- Presentations, webinars, and events; and
- Participation and leadership in workgroups, task forces, and collaborative efforts.
Our current operating funders include:
In addition, numerous foundations support CHI by using our consulting services to advance their work. These funders include:
- The Denver Foundation
- Delta Dental of Colorado Foundation
- The Colorado Health Foundation
- The Colorado Trust
- Caring for Colorado Foundation