Put on the coffee and tune in for the latest in health policy from your friends at the Colorado Health Institute.
Eggheads, our monthly webinar series, serves up recent CHI research at 8 a.m. the third Thursday of every month. We invite you to join us. Come with questions for our analysts, or just watch as we unscramble a hash of health policy.
Our mission at CHI is to improve the health of all Coloradans through independent research, analysis, and insight that support sound policies and decisions. We aim to make our research broadly accessible and useful, and the Eggheads webinar series is one more way for us to participate in efforts to improve the health of Coloradans.
Next on Eggheads
Providing Care for a Diverse Colorado: Findings from the Colorado Health Access Survey
Thursday, August 25
No two people have the same needs and experiences when they visit a doctor. Characteristics like language, cultural identity, sexual orientation, and previous experience with trauma can all shape a person’s health care needs. These barriers, combined with issues related to health literacy, contribute to health disparities such as poor general and mental health status.
The 2021 Colorado Health Access Survey (CHAS) offers insight into the health care experiences of Coloradans who reported needing health care that was responsive to a particular need or part of their identity. Join us at 8 a.m. on Thursday, August 25 to discover what we’ve learned about the need for culturally responsive health care in Colorado and how it’s associated with better health outcomes and more positive experiences with the health care system. Register now.
May 19, 2022 Eggheads Under the Dome
- Read a helpful summary about what was contained in the fentanyl bill from The Colorado Sun and CHI's report on the dramatic increase in fentanyl overdose deaths in Colorado.
- Learn more about the Primary Care Payment Reform Collaborative.
- Track funds from the American Rescue Plan Act.
- Find detailed information about the bills we discuss in this webinar on the Colorado General Assembly website.
March 15: Minding What Matters: Taking Stock of Colorado's Investments in Behavioral Health
- Data: 2021 Colorado Health Access Survey
- Blogs: Language Matters for Access to Health Care in Colorado; Uncovering the Social Influences on Mental Health
- Reports: Stigma and Systemic Barriers: Why Mental Health Care is Not the Same for Everyone; Resilience and Protective Factors: Avenues to Improving Mental Health and Reducing Disparities
January 20, 2022: Colorado's Health Information Technology Roadmap
December 16, 2021: 2022 Legislative Preview
November 18, 2021: Job Loss, COVID, and Health, plus Colorado's Veterans: A Health Portrait
September 17, 2021: Missed Care During COVID-19
August 18, 2021: The Value of Partnership - Enhancing access to behavioral health care through co-responders.
June 17, 2021: Legislative Session Review
Links: 2021 Legislation in Review