CHI delivered two presentations at the Colorado Hospital Association's 2014 Rural Hospital Conference.
Health Care and Rural Colorado: Five Trends
- Colorado is aging and diversifying, but community trends differ.
- Expect rapid growth in the health and wellness sector.
- Cost control efforts are of increasing interest.
- The insurance picture will continue to change.
- Impacts of health reform are emerging.
Through a Patient's Eyes: How Consumers Experience Colorado's Health Care System
- Most Coloradans say they have a usual source of care, but many report the system does not meet their needs.
- Medicaid ACC patient experience survey data suggest:
- Little regional variation
- Similar or slightly lower results compared to traditional FFS Medicaid •
- Similar or slightly lower results compared to national average